Fair Housing Training - Rockland
This three-hour seminar is designed for Landlords and Property Managers. The course, conducted by the Maine Human Rights Commission (“MHRC”) in conjunction with Pine Tree Legal Assistance and Disability Rights Maine, will provide an overview of Fair Housing Law. Housing providers who complete the course will obtain a basic understanding of rights and responsibilities under state and federal law. Who should take the class? Landlords, property managers, leasing consultants, owners of manufactured housing, the general public; anyone who sells, leases, owns, or manages residential property.
Topics being presented include:
- The essential requirements of Maine Human Rights Act (“MHRA”) housing law
- Change in service/assistance animal laws for housing
- Reasonable accommodations (including for persons with mental disabilities)
- Recent cases of interest from the MHRC on housing
- Fair Housing/Substantial Equivalence/Dual filing
- HUD regulations on harassment in housing
- HUD guidance on criminal records, nuisance orders and complaints, and LEP refinement
How to Register:
**The MHRC Fair Housing seminar is free but registration is required.
Register online @ https://sept17fh.eventbrite.com/
Registration will open on September 5, 2017 and close on September 27, 2017. Register early. This class fills quickly.
Please contact us with any specific question you hope to have addressed at the seminar. Contact: Carrie McCarter by phone 207.624.6296 or e-mail: email@example.com